Sunday, April 21, 2013

Email fom India (Heliconia Planting in India)







I wish to start a floriculture business in a small scale with heliconias, ginger flowers,
anthuriums and if possible orchids. I have some of these plants with me now but not
enough for a business set up. I need your advise on where I can buy small baby plants
of all these types with in a reasonable price range? Some tips on growing, on selling
cut flowers, and so on. I would like to get a copy of your newly published book on
Heliconias. I am from Thrissur. Where I can get it? Is there a fee I have to pay you?

First of all I want to collect some good planting materials to start with. Please help me 
to find a good supplier or suppliers. Expect an early reply.

With many thanks,
Sincerely Yours,
CHANDRAN. K.

Answer:
Floriculture is a very lucrative business.  However, one needs passion and right mind set. You can ask experts around or do 'homework' before embarking any business. Never mind spend a little time and effort to search the correct knowledge.  When you have already confidence especially on strategy and marketing then, you can  move on. 
As my book, it is written in Malay language and in press now. 

No comments: